Blueberry Lavender Cheesecake
Enjoy the essence of springtime. The subtle soft scent of calming Lavender, competes with the bold flavor & crispy crunch of The Daelmans Chocolate stroopwafel. Your special guests will be delighted & fall heads over heels in LOVE with this match made in stroopwafel heaven.
Blueberry Lavender Cheesecake:
| 1 Cup Frozen Blueberries
| 3 Tablespoons of Sugar
| 2 Teaspoons of Lemon Juice
| 2/3 teaspoon of powdered Knox Gelatin
| 8 ounces Cream Cheese, softened at room temperature
| 1/2 Cup Plain Greek Style Yogurt
| 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream, (divided)
| 3 Tablespoons of Sugar
| 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
| 1 Table spoon of powdered gelatin
| 3 teaspoons of Dried Lavender Tea Blossoms
| 4 Large Daelmans Chocolate Stroopwafels
| Fresh Blueberries (for garnish)
| Edible Lavender Flowers (optional)
| 1 package of Grape Flavored Gelatin (JELLO Brand) (optional for garnish)
1. In a small cup, mix 2 teaspoons of Dried Lavender Blossoms in 1/2 cup of Heavy Cream (Soak mixture overnight in fridge to infuse with lavender essence) Strain and set aside.
2. Combine frozen blueberries, 3 tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons of lemon juice in a bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes. Add 2/3 teaspoon powdered gelatin, mix well, and set aside.
3. In a bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, yogurt, half the amount of heavy cream, 3 tablespoons of sugar, and 2 teaspoons of lemon juice. Mix well until smooth.
4. Heat 1/4 cup of the heavy cream mixture in the microwave until just before it boils. Add 2/3 teaspoon of powdered gelatin and stir well to mix. Add to the cream cheese mixture and stir till smooth.
5. Divide the mixture evenly into three separate bowls to make three different colored batters. Add all the berries and half the blueberry mixture liquid into one bowl. Pour the rest of the liquid into the second bowl. Leave the last bowl mixture plain as is.
6. Pour blueberry cheesecake mixture into parchment paper lined silicone molds, or individual sized springform pans lined with parchment non-stick parchment paper. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
7. To make Grape Flavored Gelatin Garnish: NOTE: Make according to package instructions. Instead of regular water, use 1 teaspoon of dried lavender blossoms to make hot tea, strain hot tea and pour over grape gelatin mixture till dissolved. Pour into parchment lined baking sheet or pan, to make 1/4 inch thick layer of gelatin. Cut into rounds with 2 inch cookie cutter and set aside.
8. Place cheesecakes in freezer for 5 hours or overnight to unmold.
9. Un-mold cheesecakes and remove parchment paper. Place individual cheesecake atop Chocolate stroopwafel for the base crust. Top with layer of grape gelatin. Decorate with blueberries & fresh lavender flower garnish.