Chocolate-Caramel Stroopwafel Belgium Waffles
Ingredients (makes 5 waffles)
- 2 c all purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp raw sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 2/3 c milk
- 1/3 c oil of choice (avocado oil used in this image)
- 4 Daelmans chocolate caramel stroopwafels finely chopped or processed in a food processor/chopper
If you like waffles for dessert, this recipe is for you. There’s the waffle, there’s stroopwafel in the waffle batter, AND there is more stroopwafel pieces on top of the waffle. It’s crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, and the use of fine pieces of chocolate caramel stroopwafels help add more flavor to the waffle batter. Simply irresistible!
- Mix all the dry ingredients well. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and then stir in milk and oil. Mix well.
- Preheat the waffle iron.
- Ladle the batter into the waffle iron. Cook according to the waffle iron instructions until golden.
- Serve with honey, strawberries, banana and more pieces of stroopwafel.
Friendly tip 1: Instead of honey, you can make a honey caramel by using a standard caramel recipe and stirring in some honey at the end.
Friendly tip 2: Finely chopping/processing the stroopwafels in the batter makes the batter more smooth.
Do you also have a delicious recipe with stroopwafels? Let us know! (via social media)