Spiced Apple Fantasia
Apples won’t fall too far from the tree if you cradle them on a bed of Daelmans stroopwafels. Stroopwafels make a luxurious crust for this elegant & artistic confection of spiced apples to rest upon. Aromas of natural cinnamon and real bourbon vanilla will perfume the air, and everyone will say, “a stroopwafel a day keeps the doctor away!”
Stoopwafel Spiced Apple Fantasia:
| 2 Daelmans Original Honey Stroopwafels
| 2 Large Red Gala or Jonathan Apples
| 2 Cups of Fresh Squeezed Apple Juice
| 1/2 Cup Water
| Juice of 1/2 Lemon
| 1 Teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon
| 3 Whole Cloves
| 2 Tablespoons of Sugar
| 1 Tablespoon of Light Brown Sugar
| 2 Tablespoons of Butter
| Pinch of Salt
| 1 Daelmans Original Honey Stroopwafels
| 1 Cup of softened Neufchatel Cream Cheese
1. Bring water, apple juice, lemon juice, cinnamon, cloves, sugar, butter & salt to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat to barely a simmer.
2. Take the 2 apples in hand, & carefully use a Melon Ball utensil / tool (use different sizes) to make a variety of apple balls from the apples.
3. Lightly poach apple balls in apple juice mixture for 4-5 minutes until tender, but still firm, and not too soft.
4. Put apple balls on a non-stick cookie sheet. Set aside till cool & dust with light brown sugar. Place apple balls under hot broiler for 1 minute until lightly browned.
5. Take Stroopwafel Creme and carefully pipe onto Honey Stroopwafel.
6. Arrange apples over Stroopwafel Creme on Honey Stroopwafel and garnish with edible flowers. (Candied Hazelnut garnish is optional).
7. Blend Honey Stroopwafel & cream cheese in food processor until smooth & creamy. Place in small pastry bag for piping. Set aside.