Stroopwafel Custard Creme:
| 1/2 Cup Sugar
| 2 Tablespoons of Cornstarch Powder
| 2 Cups of Milk
| 2 Egg Yolks
| 1/4 cup Whipped Mascarpone Cheese
| 1/2 Teaspoon Bourbon Vanilla
| 2 Daelmans Caramel Stroopwafels (roughly chopped for best results)
| Whipped Cream
| Slivered Almonds
Bananas Foster Caramel:
| 2 firm ripe bananas (peeled & sliced lengthwise)
| 1 cup granulated sugar
| 3 tablespoons of butter
| 1/4 cup of Dark Rum (Bacardi) *see optional instructions
For stroopwafel custard creme:
1. In medium saucepan, combine the sugar & cornstarch.
2. Slowly whisk in the milk and egg yolks.
3. Place over medium heat & gently boil, whisking constantly (about 5 minutes) until thickened. Chill.
For Bananas Foster Caramel:
1. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
2. Pour 1 cup of sugar into pan.
3. Slowly stir with wooden spoon until sugar begins to melt and turn a light shade of golden caramel color.
4. Add butter to the pan and stir to mix into a sauce.
5. Add sliced bananas and baste 1 minute in hot sauce. CAUTION: FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS to add DARK RUM. Ingredients are volatile & can be flammable!
6. Instantly remove from heat, and far away from stove, pour Dark Rum into measuring cup and add Dark Rum & Swirl pan to mix.
7. Reserve and set aside to cool slightly.
8. Spoon into serving dish (or little Ball Canning Jars) a few tablespoons of Mascarpone cheese. Sprinkle with chopped Stroopwafels. Spoon in a few slices of banana & caramel sauce. Repeat until full. Garnish with whipped cream, almonds and a Daelmans Mini-Stroopwafel. A DELIGHT!
CAUTION: BE VERY CAREFUL!! DON’T TOUCH SUGAR!! HOT SUGAR WILL BE HOT!! & CAN CAUSE BURNS!!