Stroopwafel Fig Cheesecake
Enjoy this elegant dessert by Tommy Walton. Winner Stroopwafel Challenge 2018.
Best when served with after dinner coffee, Port Wine or Champagne.
16 Oz. of French Neufchatel Cheese (or Cream Cheese) softened and at room temperature.
2 Large Eggs
2 tablespoons of cold butter.
1 cup of All Purpose Flour( plus extra for dusting muffin pans)
1/4 cup of Granulated Sugar
1/2 teaspoon of Lemon Juice
1 teaspoon of Lemon Zest
1/2 teaspoon of Fresh Ground Cardamom
1/2 teaspoon of Bourbon Vanilla Extract
1/4 cup of Port Wine
3/4 cup of Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Chips
6-10 Fresh Figs (Select ripe, but still firm, medium-sized figs.Rough dice 3-4 figs and set aside)
6 Large Daelmans Original Caramel Stroopwafels
3/4 cup of Daelmans Original Caramel Stroopwafels (roughly chopped and crushed)
6 Daelmans Mini Caramel Stroopwafels
3/4 cup of crushed Pistachio Nuts (optional)
Prepare Fancy Figs for Garnish:
1. Gently melt Chocolate Chips in a small saucepan on low heat. (40 seconds in microwave)
2. Add Port wine & crushed Stroopwafels into melted chocolate & stir to make a crunchy ganache.
3. Set ganache in refrigerator to chill. (5-10mins)
4. Scoop 1 teaspoon of the chocolate mixture into the palm of your hand. Roll into small balls.
Repeat until you have 6 ball of crunchy ganache.
Stuff Fancy Figs:
1. Using a melon baller tool, carefully scoop out a cavity from the bottoms/undersides of 6 figs.
2. Take 1 chocolate ganache ball and gently insert into the bottom of the fig. Set Aside.
Prepare Mini Fig Cheesecakes:
1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 325*F.
2. Lightly Butter Non-Stick Muffin pan or Ramekins, and dust with flour. Shake away excess flour.
3. For Cheesecake batter, beat Neufchatel or Cream Cheese with electric mixer on medium-low speed until smooth, scraping bowl as necessary. Gradually add in sugar, cardamom, vanilla, lemon juice & zest.
Add eggs one at a time and blend until smooth.
4. Spoon batter into muffin pan or ramekins 3/4 full. Add one tablespoon of diced figs to each cake.
5. Bake on middle rack for 20-30 minutes until set, but not browned. Chill 2 hours or overnight.
6. Carefully untold cheesecakes and place each on top of a Daelmans Original Caramel Stroopwafel.
7. Place 1 Fancy Fig on top of each Cheesecake.
8. Garnish with Crushed Pistachios, and Mini Stroopwafels.