Ingredients (makes 6)
- 12 mini stroopwafels
- Tube of icing
- 6 marshmallows
- about 50 grams fondant icing or marzipan in any colour you like
- Little flags on sticks
- Put a little icing from the tube on a stroopwafel and stick a marshmallow to it. Stick another mini stroopwafel on top.
- Use fondant icing or marzipan to make the coloured circle for the top. Both work well so which you use is a matter of taste. You can use ready-made coloured products or colour them yourself. Different food colourings are available from various shops including those specialising in bakery supplies. Roll out the marzipan or fondant icing on a board or clean worktop. Sprinkle the board or worktop with icing sugar first so that it doesn’t stick.
- Press out the circles using cookie cutters and place them on top of the treat. You could also use a nice flower-shaped cutter or any other shapes available from shops including those specialising in baking supplies.
- Stick a little flag on top.
By using a long rounded satay stick, you can also make nice sweet shashliks. Alternate stroopwafels with coloured marshmallows or other soft sweets.